Ok, so is the site cdkeys.com real or is it bull crap?

This should make it clear to you.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/0/618459405708631875/

The bottom line is, Valve have been aggressively blocking keys they deem as being from illegit sites, so be careful what you trust. It can even result in your Steam account being banned. Many of them are selling stolen keys or ones that don't even work in your region.

If in doubt, ask about it at Steam forums, those are the guys whom know what Valve accept.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

From what i seen steam said cdkeys.com is not illegal and i bouht the game today and my bank conformed that they charged the amount they said they would. I do not plan on buyjng anything else from them though if you said i cold get banned. There are more good reviews and hardly any bad reviews of the site and not a single person has got banned from steam for using cdkeys.com i just wanted to see what you guys had to say about this site.

How exactly did you obtain this info? Steam does not "say" anything, it's just distribution software and a game browser.

If you just mean Steam acknowledged the sale, that does not necessarily mean it has passed through Valve's monitoring filters, which may not happen until the game is installed and in use.

I would contact Valve via email, but the thread I linked above does not exactly give me confidence that this site is legit.

I don't use Steam much, so I don't know if it has an actual list of trusted and non trusted sites, but it should.