OK, what is the *fastest* 3D card?

G

So, with all this going on about 3dfx and such, what is the absolute *fastest* available 3d card on the market today? (retail card for normal gaming consumers).
GeForce GTS? Ultra? voodoo5-5500?
.......?

G

Prophet2, Ge Force ultra 64m is the god we all worship, even has a cool box, at $750 it would want to

So long and thanks for all the fish

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Prophet2, Ge Force ultra 64m is the god we all worship

nope not me besides the "nv20 or Radeon2 you will all worship in 1/2 a year"

ABIT BP6 + ATI RADEON 32MB DDR RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Ok, so the Elsa GeForce Ultra is the fastest (currently)?
What's on the horizon? Is it going to get totally blown away by something coming soon?

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
I like the Asus 64MB (DDR) Geforce2 Ultra Pure, backed by a great company, backed by great support.

- "That's no moon, it's Rambus!"

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the gforce cards only beat the voodoo cards by substantial margins when using t&L software. To this date only a select few games actually utilize t&L. Try running 3dmark with out the t&L settings and see what happens to your scores.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Hasse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heh! That's like running yer turbo car wo the turbo.. I bet you were running yer 486 with the turbo switch off! He he T&L is GeForce2 that's what makes them kick all other graphic cards ass.. Even though other utilize T&L... Nope the fastest card arround and most ridiculous priced one is the GeForce2 ULTRA. And gainward has the fastest ultra available.. It ships with 500mhz memory.. no other suplier I've seen have got specs like that.. and not all ultra cards overclock to that speed either. Bahh.. Voodooo is only good fer Glide, nothing else . And Voodoo excells in Glide.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well fer starters I have the gainward card so nanananana :p

My post was to only tell him if he already had a voodoo card there would be no need to run out and get a gts. Yes the fact geforces do support t&L is great however as I simply stated most software does not yet fully support T&L

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!