[SOLVED] Old 2000s Case With Model: CF-06

Jun 6, 2021
Hi, I'm trying to figure out the brand and model of an old computer case that was made/bought in the early to mid 2000s. I believe it's some sort of old Inwin case. I'm currently missing some parts from the front panel including the power and reset switch covers, the hard drive led cover, the front IO cover, and some of the drive bay covers. I can include pictures of the front and back of the front panel. But if you also need actual pictures of the case, I can include them as well.

Solution
not to mention that most of my motherboards have USB 2.0 ports and front headers and most of the cases on eBay only have a USB 3.0 front header.

Computer case usually have both USB 3.0 and 2.0, there are separate USB cables, blue for USB 3.0 and black for USB 2.0

In case that there are only USB 3.0 ports, the description should mention that. But most of case still have USB 2.0 for backward compatibility.

Sorry if it looks like I'm still trying to use really old parts, but it's all I got at the moment.

Nothing wrong with using old parts, all of my computers have old parts in them, some of those parts are almost 20 years old.

Can you take a clear photo of the case's front, having done a lot of DIY on computers in the...
Jun 6, 2021
The missing parts you listed usually aren't sold separately, they are specific to case model.

Is there a reason you have to keep using that case?
The reason why I have to use this case is because I'm kind of low on money right now, and I have a ton of other motherboards that I plan on using. Another reason is because all the other cases I have either have broken front panels, have custom components for the front IO and power switch/LED and HDD LED (i.e. Dell clamshell cases), or are much too old to use (i.e. Late 90s Case with no front IO and Beige color). And most of the cases on eBay are too expensive to purchase in multiple quantities, not to mention that most of my motherboards have USB 2.0 ports and front headers and most of the cases on eBay only have a USB 3.0 front header. Sorry if it looks like I'm still trying to use really old parts, but it's all I got at the moment.

not to mention that most of my motherboards have USB 2.0 ports and front headers and most of the cases on eBay only have a USB 3.0 front header.

Computer case usually have both USB 3.0 and 2.0, there are separate USB cables, blue for USB 3.0 and black for USB 2.0

In case that there are only USB 3.0 ports, the description should mention that. But most of case still have USB 2.0 for backward compatibility.

Sorry if it looks like I'm still trying to use really old parts, but it's all I got at the moment.

Nothing wrong with using old parts, all of my computers have old parts in them, some of those parts are almost 20 years old.

Can you take a clear photo of the case's front, having done a lot of DIY on computers in the past, I may have some ideas to your issue.

Reactions: SamsungASUS
Solution
Jun 6, 2021

Can you take a clear photo of the case's front, having done a lot of DIY on computers in the past, I may have some ideas to your issue.
Here are the links to the pictures from Google Drive as I don't know how to upload pictures on this site.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186dDKTUGCviu3PI7_yPMw1__yjoP2JgX/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/185Uf_3OoY773K6pQlgk0rNTlwWPL7b_9/view?usp=drivesdk

So here is the front of your computer case.

The USB ports and audio in/out still work fine, right?

F5pCreW.jpeg

Interesting case.
Looks like there is a thumb wheel to open up the front air intake.

It looks like you can use 5.25" front bays to do whatever you want.
For example you can get multi front usb options.
You should also be able to get something with front power on/off buttons.
Actually just buy a power on/button which will be cheap,
Drill a hole in the front panel to mount it next to the old opening. Some aluminum sticky tape can cover the holes.
A dvd drive can be mounted in one of the upper openings.
There should be space for a fan mount like this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/908266...MIoYX4w7yV8QIVyItaBR0pgwGaEAQYAyABEgLasPD_BwE

Reactions: lvt and SamsungASUS
Yes, they do.

OK, you said you want to use the case for different motherboard, so you have to make a DIY front panel with a Power LED, a HDD LED and an On/Off switch (Reset button is not necessary).

Here is the computer that I built 20 years ago, I removed the front cover to install some LEDs and control swiches. You can do the same using one of the removable plastic covers, it will work for all motherboards you actually have.

l8svOHm.jpg