[SOLVED] old 60 hz monitors vs new one

bruh669

Prominent
Sep 26, 2020
i would like to know my old Aoc 2036s compare to new Asus VP228HE different could be? does that 1mili secends response time going to be efficient in competitive games like cs go? or i shall instead look for 144hz with heavy tag price

Solution
i would like to know my old Aoc 2036s compare to new Asus VP228HE different could be? does that 1mili secends response time going to be efficient in competitive games like cs go? or i shall instead look for 144hz with heavy tag price

The ASUS you link to is 60hz as well. 1-5ms is the range you'd like to stay within. A 60hz monitor can display above 60fps, but only if settings like vsync is off. How do games look on your monitor now without vsync on? Smooth or do you see screen tear? If the rest of your system is strong enough to crank out high FPS with max detail and high resolution, then yeah, I'd say buy a monitor with a higher refresh rate.

Whats your budget? 144hz monitors can be found fairly cheap.

Example 1 &...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

The ASUS you link to is 60hz as well. 1-5ms is the range you'd like to stay within. A 60hz monitor can display above 60fps, but only if settings like vsync is off. How do games look on your monitor now without vsync on? Smooth or do you see screen tear? If the rest of your system is strong enough to crank out high FPS with max detail and high resolution, then yeah, I'd say buy a monitor with a higher refresh rate.

Example 1 & 2.

Here is a 27" 1440p & 144hz curved screen for a little more.

Solution

bruh669

Prominent
Sep 26, 2020

Example 1 & 2.

Here is a 27" 1440p & 144hz curved screen for a little more.

i found asus VP228HE used for really good price point and i was wondering worth to buy or not, because both aoc 2036s and that asus running on 60hz with little faster response time

Last edited:
i was just asking does new monitors ha

i don't have this amount of budget especially within economic crisis and new embargos, i was asking is it worth to buy ASUS VP228HE For competitive games such as cs go and Valorant, or i should just stick with my Antique 20inch monitor, Thanks for answering

Note that: i'm living in iran and we can't buy straight from amazon stuff. it's like locked region, my meant about heavy 144hz price tag is that in iran, if a monitor cost in amazon 170$ in here it cost 600$ or even 800$ because they're rare and they all illegally come from china thanks to embargos, i found asus VP228HE used for really good price point and i was wondering worth to buy or not,
I would not buy another 60hz monitor.

Reactions: Mrgr74
Sep 26, 2020
I am currently usign the Asus VP228HE and its just great , if you found it for a good price and you are thinking about getting it but not too sure if its worth it , go for it trust me