[SOLVED] Old build. No signal from computer. No Post.

Angelo Marquez

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
Build is approx 5 yrs old. I was playing last night when I heard a USB chime sound like something has disconnected and reconnected. After few mins my screen went blank and since then it appears that my monitor is not getting any signal from my gpu anymore.

Gtx970 palit
msi h81m-p33 mobo
i5-4460
4x2 ram

There are no beep sounds and keyboard / mouse are also not working. No display no POST.
I'm afraid I might be dealing with a dead gpu now?

Here are the things I have tried.
Took out rams and gpu. My mobo beeped.
Cleared cmos bat.
Reseated rams and gpu
Have tried integrated vga and dvi but still no display. I don't think this even worked before because I accidentally plugged my monitor from to integrated dvi in the past and it didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
If the gfx card is in the PCIe x16 slot, the iGPU is disabled. That may be why there was no display that day.

I would resort to disconnecting all wiring connections from the motherboard. Including all the FP header wiring. Remove the gfx card from the board too. Then plug in just the monitor (to iGPU) and power supply. No keyboard. Use a screwdriver to momentarily short the two pins that the case's power button would connect to. See if you get a display.

If you do, then add the gfx card to the board and try again with the monitor plugged into it this time.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If the gfx card is in the PCIe x16 slot, the iGPU is disabled. That may be why there was no display that day.

I would resort to disconnecting all wiring connections from the motherboard. Including all the FP header wiring. Remove the gfx card from the board too. Then plug in just the monitor (to iGPU) and power supply. No keyboard. Use a screwdriver to momentarily short the two pins that the case's power button would connect to. See if you get a display.

If you do, then add the gfx card to the board and try again with the monitor plugged into it this time.

Solution