[SOLVED] Old Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 for temporary high-end build..

Dec 30, 2018
Hey everyone, first post here....

I have not built a desktop PC in 10 years now, having used 17 in gaming laptops. The itch has hit though to build something more powerful, and I finally got all my parts, based around Ryzen 7 2700X and EVGA RTX 2080 Ultra. Or should I say, ALMOST all the parts - my case (Cooler Master H500M) won't get here until 1/8 or later.

Being an inpatient type, I dug out my old, 10-year old desktop that I haven't used forever. Q6600 and dual 8800s baby! Anyway, it is a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 case, and I want to use it until my new one comes. My only concern is with cooling. It has one rear and two top 120mm exhaust fans, and one bottom 120mm intake fan. Front is completely blocked off by design. This is a huge, roomy case, and was top-notch back in the day. Is it safe to use thermally? I really want to play with my new setup, but not at the expense of shortening its life...

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Solution
Have these bottom one as intake and the top fan above the mobo also as intake to cool the vrm and the rams. Only the rear as exhaust.

Worst case is it might thermal throttle to lower frequency at stock settings. So you are good to go.
Have these bottom one as intake and the top fan above the mobo also as intake to cool the vrm and the rams. Only the rear as exhaust.

Worst case is it might thermal throttle to lower frequency at stock settings. So you are good to go.

Solution