[SOLVED] Old Delta still kickin' it

HellWaker

Reputable
Mar 27, 2020
Heyhey everyone. Quick question here. Hope you can give some advice, and the advice part is important, as i understand giving a legit answer for this can be tricky.

So... To the question:
I just put together (actually going for the last part today) a small gaming pc. I'll describe the parts at the end, as it can help. It's not a hardcore game rig, but it's mainly for video and photo editing, and for some game that my PS4 don't have. Bought all part, except the case, because my girlfriend is using my Corsair 600T, and she calls it washing machine. A deal born.

She can choose a new case for herself, and my sudden money spending is somehow justified. The CPU need some time to arrive, but everything else were at home yesterday, so naïve me wanted to assemble her new case, but here comes the problem. That case she picked looks fancy and all, but the PSU is too big. I were like what the hell. Checked before buying, and it said atx is good. There is a stupid slot for it, so you put it from the side, but the powersupply is bigger by some cm to fit. And then i realised. It's my old Delta gps-750AB A. And that one is a server psu.

After considering my options, i sacrificed my 0 day old psu, which i looked for day before buying to have an optimal one for me. God... And i still did not ask the question, but here it comes:

I like that psu, served me with honor for ages, and her also, but then i realised, this psu is more than 10 years old... Gosh. Like a loyal companion, i wana keep it, at least for 1-2 month (spent way too mutch money for the pc already). I know the quick answer is i should buy a new one to be sure, but as mutch i found about this psu, is that it's reliable, but again, it's about 13 years of active service (Daily use, not the 24hour without a break kind of).
How hard i might play with fire if i put it in my new rig for a while?

It's a...
Asus 1060 turbo, an I5-9400f, and a TUF H370 pro what seems important to share tha have a better picture for you guys. Powerwise it's enough, so... Toughts on safety?
Thanks in advance c:

Solution
personally i don't see an issue with using it. it'll lack modern protections and features but so long as your not trying to run it flat out, it should be ok for a couple months.

delta makes quality units. i have a 10 yr old pc in use at home with the delta psu still running strong on it as well. the common preference as you noted is to get a new one with all the new features but so long as you know the risks with using it, then it should be ok for a few months until you get a new one.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
personally i don't see an issue with using it. it'll lack modern protections and features but so long as your not trying to run it flat out, it should be ok for a couple months.

delta makes quality units. i have a 10 yr old pc in use at home with the delta psu still running strong on it as well. the common preference as you noted is to get a new one with all the new features but so long as you know the risks with using it, then it should be ok for a few months until you get a new one.

Solution