[SOLVED] Old GPU in new build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JackieLombardi

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
I'm in a bit of a situation and I wanted some knowledgeable opinions about this... I've set out to build a new rig with the following components

i7-12700K
B660-A DDR4
32 GB DDR4 memory
1TB M.2 NVME SSD
RX 6700

My issue is I can no longer afford the RX 6700 GPU for right now, but I want all of the other components, and I have a RX 5500XT to use in the mean time.

I want the I7-2700k because I do a lot of creative work in FL Studio and After effects and I want to experiment with 3D rendering as well. The most graphically intensive game I play is Apex Legends which is also the game I care most about getting good performance on. MAYBE Overwatch 2

My question is: Should I get a cheaper CPU in my situation and try to see if I can fit the graphics card in the the budget? ( $1,000. It would have been at least $1,500 but something came up) If so, what CPU should I go with? If not, am I good to stay with the 5500XT for right now and get the rest of the rig I was planning?

Here is this build on PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/JackieLombardi/saved/#view=2C6R4D

TRENDING THREADS