[SOLVED] Old hard drive was fried, replaced with SSD results to black screen off boot

jpriede9

Prominent
May 18, 2019
Hey guys, so basically my old hard drive in my laptop is fried, I took my ssd out of my desktop in my laptop to boot up and disable the stupid intel optane it comes with so I can get another SSD for it and transfer my data. Blah blah blah but now when booting into this SSD I just get a black screen. I am in a rush and busy studying for finals so I was curious if anyone had an idea off the top of their head.. I know this is not the best post regarding specs and context but I am limited on time! I can add more information if needed but I was curious if a quick answer was possible! Thank you!

Solution
Hey guys, so basically my old hard drive in my laptop is fried, I took my ssd out of my desktop in my laptop to boot up and disable the stupid intel optane it comes with so I can get another SSD for it and transfer my data. Blah blah blah but now when booting into this SSD I just get a black screen. I am in a rush and busy studying for finals so I was curious if anyone had an idea off the top of their head.. I know this is not the best post regarding specs and context but I am limited on time! I can add more information if needed but I was curious if a quick answer was possible! Thank you!
You can boot up in safe mode though... I have face same issues with my laptop when there was some issue with Provided Graphics Driver.. and...

DSzymborski

Titan
Windows is not a modular OS in the manner you're trying to use it as. Or at least, I think that's what your question is; a vague question that skips details and is confusing on others doesn't actually save time since you have to take extra time to explain.

When you install Windows in a device, the OS is setup to work with the hardware in that system or a similar one.
It won't work just by plugging any disk into any system.
You might be able to start in Safe Mode.

Last edited:
You can boot up in safe mode though... I have face same issues with my laptop when there was some issue with Provided Graphics Driver.. and in safe mode my pc was working fine...

You can copy your required data in safe Mode and take it to a reputed repair shop so that they can fix it for you, as you said you are really busy so that might be the best solution for you

Solution

jpriede9

Prominent
May 18, 2019
You can boot up in safe mode though... I have face same issues with my laptop when there was some issue with Provided Graphics Driver.. and in safe mode my pc was working fine...

You can copy your required data in safe Mode and take it to a reputed repair shop so that they can fix it for you, as you said you are really busy so that might be the best solution for you
Thank you for the insight!