Question Old hardware, can I run 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vytasb

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
With the specs on my signature, am I able to run 11 even though I'm "unsupported"? Will it be stable? Will I have performance issues?

With the specs on my signature, am I able to run 11 even though I'm "unsupported"?
Well sure, plenty of people run unsupported Win 11 on Core2 or A64 which are 7 years older than your i7 so it'd probably work
Will it be stable? Will I have performance issues?
Only you can find that out the hard way, since such a configuration has never been beta or even alpha tested.

I will say that there have been surprisingly few reported problems on unsupported systems, besides various glitches such as some games failing to launch. WindowsUpdate and even version updates have installed fine, but this does not mean it won't brick itself next time--unsupported means untested by anyone officially, so this is just for fun* and not for your main system.

* This backwards compatibility suggests it's pretty much just a reskinned Win 10, and worth trying if you are considering a new computer after next week** just to see if you can tolerate it.

**Microsoft will end the sale of Windows 10 licenses January 31, 2023 so Win 10 will increasingly only be an option limited to business or gaming computers

Status
Not open for further replies.