[SOLVED] Old keyboard

Mar 13, 2020
Hi I've just got a new 9400f on an MSI A-pro with 16gb of corsair RAM. I did the mistake of plugging in my old keyboard(one of those pesky round,non-usb slots while the OS was open). I've been told that it can burn the keyboard wire slot thingy. Even though my keyboard works fine I can't get my earphones to work in the standard slots(they work with an external usb card), could I have burned the on board audio card?I'll get it looked into tomorrow but I'm sitting on pins right now.Thanks in advance.

Solution
Plugging anything into back of PC like keyboard, mouse, usb, monitor, etc. Should not in any way burn your motherboard.
There are rare instances in which powered stuff from wall like monitor leaks main voltage onto the ground and causes burns like that (same as touching the stove while you're bare foot and you feel "Tingly" in your fingers).

As for sound issue, try to reinstall windows completely from 0.
My friend also had same issue until i reinstalled windows.
If you need a guide how to reinstall windows and activate again
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

If not then there might be some issues with the motherboard.
Plugging anything into back of PC like keyboard, mouse, usb, monitor, etc. Should not in any way burn your motherboard.
There are rare instances in which powered stuff from wall like monitor leaks main voltage onto the ground and causes burns like that (same as touching the stove while you're bare foot and you feel "Tingly" in your fingers).

As for sound issue, try to reinstall windows completely from 0.
My friend also had same issue until i reinstalled windows.
If you need a guide how to reinstall windows and activate again
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

If not then there might be some issues with the motherboard.

Solution
Mar 13, 2020
Phew that's a relief. I tried sound with my external card and it worked so its probably not Windows neither the headset. Hopefully I just need to get the right drivers I'll have it checked tomorrow. Thanks for the swift response.