Question Old laptop with 12v supply on PCMCIA PC card slot ?

tedsorvino

Honorable
Oct 12, 2018
Hi everyone.
Since i need a cheap old laptop just to write files on old Intel Series 2 PCMCIA cards,
i need one that has 12v supply on the slot, because those particular cards need 12v to write.

Any idea what models of older laptops with pc card should i look for, or if there is a mod for any other moder with pc card?
Thanks

Hi everyone.
Since i need a cheap old laptop just to write files on old intel series 2 pcmcia cards,
i need one that has 12v supply on the slot, because those particular cards need 12v to write.

Any idea what models of older laptops with pc card should i look for, or if there is a mod for any other moder with pc card?
Thanks
You're going to have to go back at least 10 years to find such, and likely much further back than that. What, specifically, about the already offered solution doesn't meet your needs?

Of course out of range.
Well, it's either that or spend potentially much more for an obsolete laptop at least 12-15 years old (likely non functional) that runs Windows XP at best (4GB RAM max) and has absolutely no upgrade possibilities or support. It will likely require much time & effort to get it functional again. That's of course dependent upon any such actually still existing today.

tedsorvino

Honorable
Oct 12, 2018
Well, it's either that or spend potentially much more for an obsolete laptop at least 12-15 years old (likely non functional) that runs Windows XP at best (4GB RAM max) and has absolutely no upgrade possibilities or support. It will likely require much time & effort to get it functional again. That's of course dependent upon any such actually still existing today.
I can find several functional win xp - win 98 laptops for 20-30 euros. The thing is that i don’t know if they have that 12v supply.
If i were writing pcmcia for a living i would consider paying 600 euros + tax, on a speciality device, but for my use it’s out of question.