Jan 3, 2017
Nvidia xfx 780 sli motherboard (M# C72M55XECRB) Running Phoenix tech P09 bios
Msi GTX 970OC edition. up to date drivers
x2 Samsung (M3 78T5663QZ3-CF) MEMBUS 800MHz DDR2 4gb
Intel(R) Core(TH)2 quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33MHz
Raid-max modular 535watt 80 bronze psu
64x windows 10
Kingston 111gb ssd

I've hit a dead end on this one, my motherboard died on my rig so i dug up my old xfx mb, already had all the cpu and ram so I figured hot damn something to play while I order my new one. Well I installed it to the standoffs properly, and plugged in my ssd. Seemed to boot up fine and I started shadow of mordor to see how it ran. What I found was a suprisingly stable and powerful pc despite downgrading from 6cores and 24gb of ram. However shortly after i got a crash, pc locked up but still on, "no signal" on screen and audio distortion for a second. Also no useful event logs just windows shut down unexpectedly with no corresponding error other than the explorer crashing which isn't always there.

What i've tried: TDR tweaked/disabled, bios config(ram/cpu power), ram ratio (3:2 most stable for me), trying another power outlet, taking it away from carpet, updating the bios, latest but out of date drivers from nvida, turning off all non windows services, forcing votage constant in afterburner to gpu, under-clocking, under-powering to 66%, overclocking somehow didn't make it worse, ran prime95 5min froze the screen, ran prim95 again ran for 6.5 hours and had no mem or cpu error, temps float around cpu 34c idle/50-60c under gaming load no matter how much i push it, motherboard reads 28c idle and 60 under load. Sure there is alot more i can and probably have done but i'm lost. I've seen a few people online report similar issues with xfx motherboards and windows 10 however i'm missing the point or something. Also tried memtest, used default bios

Other than the crashing it runs find depending on my bios settings, some games i've played for days without a crash but oddly crashes idle on rare occasions. Some games work for a few hours and others i've had crash starting up and then run fine after reboot.