Old Panasonic Viera plasma no input detected, no audio

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Hello. So a while back I was given a Panasonic Viera plasma TV model TH-42PX60U TV which I was told worked fine. No remote, but in good physical shape complete with big silver plastic floor base. I haul the monster home, (that was fun), and plug it in and powers up fine, fans working, great. No audio, and cannot get any picture to display when trying a DVD player or PC through either HDMI ports. I figured that I needed the remote to fully access all features so found one used relatively cheap online. No matter what I do I cannot get anything to display, and no audio even just noise from blank channels in TV mode. The menu screens show up nice and clear though so I know there is a picture. I figure it was used with a cable box and or run through external components so maybe that's the issue? I tried changing settings and HDMI ports and audio are enabled. Even did a system default restore. Same problem persists. I hate to take to recycling as it is a very nice TV even for its age. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It appears you just need to switch inputs from TV/Antena to HDMI .
If you have the remote, just hit the TV/Video button to switch inputs. The TV/Video button is also located in the front of the TV ...there is a swing up cover right below the Panasonic logo.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
It appears you just need to switch inputs from TV/Antena to HDMI .
If you have the remote, just hit the TV/Video button to switch inputs. The TV/Video button is also located in the front of the TV ...there is a swing up cover right below the Panasonic logo.
Thanks very much for replying. I am pretty sure I already did that, but still no audio, or input. I have tried switching pretty much all things. No matter what I choose for input nothing will display. All I get is onscreen menu, and or onscreen snowstorm when in TV mode when either scanning for channels, or no channel found. Really frustrating as I think this TV would be good for older gaming.

Last edited: