Question Old pc finally died, most likely the psu?

Notatallsvelte

Reputable
Jan 30, 2020
Yesterday morning I stupidly rushed to turn the computer off by holding down the power button, in the afternoon's usage it started restarting every few minutes. In the evening after I left it alone, it seemed ok and worked for hours without issue, I even left it on overnight and it didnt restart. Today it wont turn on at all. Is a13 year old system.

Im in trouble with money atm, so I'm considering buying the next higher rated power supply for my future system now, and using that to diagnose my current one. Then even if its not psu problem, I didnt waste money. Good plan? Or am I forgetting something easier n obvious to check first?

Thanks, thanks 🙏 ☺️

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
rushed to turn the computer off by holding down the power button
That, in itself, shouldn't cause a computer to die completely. It's just an agressive way of shutting down Windows when the computer locks up. Do it too often and Windows enters Repair Mode on the third reboot. Sometimes Windows doesn't fix itself nicely and you've got a non booting system.

Is a13 year old system.
If you're still using the original PSU, it's the most likely culprit and changing it might fix your PC.

Please provide complete details of your system.