[SOLVED] Old PC wont turn on.

Feb 6, 2019
Looking for some help for an old pc. I have searched on here and found a lot of great information, but in bits and pieces so hoping for a more complete answer. Ok here goes....

PC is about 10 years old, Intel DG33BU motherboard, ( I don't remember the CPU sorry), nothing too fancy. Worked fine for many years then started just shutting off randomly. Finally it wont start up anymore. Fans would turn on for a second or 2 then keep doing that over and over.

Read a lot of posts on here about that, I did the paperclip test so the PS seems to be fine.

I noticed a small burn mark on the MB , found a new one on EBAY dirt cheap so swapped that out, same thing.

Tried with no RAM, different ram config, no video board, just MB, CPU etc....same results.

The only way I got it to do anything different was to disconnect the 4 pin power connector, with that the fans would at least run and sounded like it was starting up ( No beeps tho)

So from what I can gather from the different posts could it be

Thermal Paste? Old and no good anymore? Im assuming i should replace it now anyway since i swapped out the CPU to new MB

Bad heatsink? is there anyway to test it? (Its an Intel D60188-001)

Any ideas and help would greatly appreciated!!! NO money for a new rig now and would love to keep this baby working for awhile longer.