Question Old Ryzen 7 7700X working perfectly, but switching to Ryzen 9 7900X causes freezing and restarts ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dcvikes

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I would uninstall AMD chipset drivers (run with windows native) and see if the same behavior exists just as a test. I would also remove the dedicated GPU and run with the 7900x integrated GPU - again as a test. You can also try inspecting the pins on the processor and re-seating it making sure pins are ok and thermal paste is not filling or partially blocking any of the socket pin holes.

Ahannaan99

Honorable
May 15, 2019
I would uninstall AMD chipset drivers (run with windows native) and see if the same behavior exists just as a test. I would also remove the dedicated GPU and run with the 7900x integrated GPU - again as a test. You can also try inspecting the pins on the processor and re-seating it making sure pins are ok and thermal paste is not filling or partially blocking any of the socket pin holes.
Tried all that it was working properly now but after tried installing armoury crate it gave me blue screen error and again and issues started but wo running quiet well with windows 10 and now m installing windows 10 and see what happens in that.

Ahannaan99

Honorable
May 15, 2019
You got to shutdown the PC, cut the power supply off, unplug it from the wall, remove the battery, push and hold the power button for about 15 secs, leave the battery out about 15 minutes. Then reconnect everything.
Yes i did that that helped me but now the issue is it is working flawlessly on win 10 but still errors on win 11 so now i downgraded from 11 to 10 without any issues and bsod idk why win 11 is acting like that never did problem befor when i had amd r7 7700x but have freezes and software compatibility issues in this ryzen 9.

Ahannaan99

Honorable
May 15, 2019
Yes i did that that helped me but now the issue is it is working flawlessly on win 10 but still errors on win 11 so now i downgraded from 11 to 10 without any issues and bsod idk why win 11 is acting like that never did problem befor when i had amd r7 7700x but have freezes and software compatibility issues in this ryzen 9.
Windows 10 also bsod errors and freezing issues