Question Old Samsung Tab E3 Lite, factory reset, won't update software, apps, stuck in "Create Account" error loop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyjack

Commendable
Jul 21, 2021
To preface, this is a pretty old tablet (been in use since around 2017-2018). My mother received this tablet for free as part of a return compensation for something else. She used it for a bit, got a laptop and gave the tablet to me. I figured it'd be nice to use at work to listen to music/youtube while I do stuff so I factory-reset it. So far the only thing I can do is create a local account on the tablet and browse a woefully outdated chrome as a 'guest' user. Every time I try to do software updates, the tablet gives me a network connection error and to 'try again later'. Whenever I try to create a google account to update chrome/google apps, I get stuck in a loop where no matter what I enter into the "create gmail" field it tells me that g-mail is unavailable and to try something else. Trying to sign in with an existing google account results in the typical 'an error occurred, try again later'. Trying to update through the google play store *or* the samsung store brings up the google account creation/log in prompt.

What I've tried so far -
-Factory resetting multiple times
-Trying to update/create an account on multiple different networks
-Purging any files/cookies/old settings that may have survived the factory reset
-Safely disconnecting all external storage

All I'm using it for is youtube and I can still do that even as a guest on an outdated chrome but I wouldn't mind getting this thing up to date. IDK if it's because it's just so out of date, but youtube is sluggish and video audio occasionally desyncs and stutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.