Old software needs windows 7

ellman12

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hello,

Today I was using some old software after I upgraded to win 10 from 7. And the software is so buggy. It's just so glitched out that it doesn't work anymore. Is there anyway to go back to win 7? Or is there anyway to totally wipe my pc clean and delete EVERYTHING and then get a clean install of windows 7?

Thanks for any info.

Kind regards,

Elliott

Solution

The picture i posted is pretty self-explanatory. As said above, that's to be found under properties.
A virtual machine is basically a self contained OS install that you can run on top of your main OS. It's teh best way to run antiquated software. You can have a Windows 95 or even DOS sistem running on top of W10. THis may sound like complicated stuff, but, in reality, it's not.
By inferiour OS i mean just that. W7 is 7 years old and was conceived for it's time, with no regard for low powered machines such as tablets and stuff. It is therefore resource hungry, less stable and ill...
Try running it in compatibility mode:
22-compatibility-mode.jpg

If that doesn't work i recommend that you get an updated version of the software, or run the one you have in a W7 virtual machine.
I do not recommend downgrading back to W7 as it is an inferior OS.

Tumeden

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016

Right click on the icon to the program you are trying to load, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and select either windows 7, or windows xp service pack 3. Click the apply button and then try to load the program and see if that fixes it.

ellman12

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

I'll experiment with this for sure! Thanks for your help! If it works better, I'll give you the best solution thing. :D

The picture i posted is pretty self-explanatory. As said above, that's to be found under properties.
A virtual machine is basically a self contained OS install that you can run on top of your main OS. It's teh best way to run antiquated software. You can have a Windows 95 or even DOS sistem running on top of W10. THis may sound like complicated stuff, but, in reality, it's not.
By inferiour OS i mean just that. W7 is 7 years old and was conceived for it's time, with no regard for low powered machines such as tablets and stuff. It is therefore resource hungry, less stable and ill equiped for running on current hardware compared to W10.

Solution