Old Vs New of the same GPU?

Rickle

Reputable
Apr 17, 2017
Kind of a weird question, but the answer is really killing me, if I had a GTX 970 that was 2 years old, and I put and BRAND NEW Gtx 970 of the same brand/maker in my computer would the performance be any better?

p.s: I'm not planning on doing this, just a answer I really wanna know.

Solution
Yeah. Nope is right. Unless there is something wrong with the original card, you'd have exactly the same performance. Unless something was wrong with the new card. Then you'd have worse performance. It would be like paying twice as much as the original card cost for what you already have.

Unless of course you buy another exactly like the one you have now and put them in SLI. Then, depending on the game and your settings, you'd probably see some improvement in performance.
Yeah. Nope is right. Unless there is something wrong with the original card, you'd have exactly the same performance. Unless something was wrong with the new card. Then you'd have worse performance. It would be like paying twice as much as the original card cost for what you already have.

Unless of course you buy another exactly like the one you have now and put them in SLI. Then, depending on the game and your settings, you'd probably see some improvement in performance.

Solution