old windows 7 of laptop on new laptop

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
my old laptop recently broke down
so i removed the hard disk plugged it into my new laptop

the windows started but unfortunately it still shows driver for the hardware of the old laptop

i ran driver magician but it shows intel and 5650 as my video card which was my old laptop

so can i delete the driver profiles some how so that it checks for my new hardware and installs new drivers

i want to retain my windows so please help

Solution

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

i get an error the hardware is not compatible

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

i get an error the hardware is not compatible

oczdude8

Distinguished

what give you an error?

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

amd chipset driver
ati video driver
touchpad driver
all other drivers

oczdude8

Distinguished

ok im assuming this is when you tried to download and install new drivers. did you download the correct ones? go into device manager (right click my computer > properties>device manage on left column) and see if any drivers have a yellow exclamation mark. if they do, right click on it and press uninstall. then re run your driver installations.

oczdude8

Distinguished

ok im assuming this is when you tried to download and install new drivers. did you download the correct ones? go into device manager (right click my computer > properties>device manage on left column) and see if any drivers have a yellow exclamation mark. if they do, right click on it and press uninstall. then re run your driver installations.

dragon199

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

i download drivers from asus support site and they worked well on my previous hard drive which i recieved with this new laptop

i deleted the drivers of the old drive forcefully with driver magician
now it gives bsod until i select to restart it with last known good configurations
in device manager most hardware show yellow exclamations but if i uninstall it nothing happens
i still get error on installing driver for the uninstalled device

oczdude8

Distinguished

Im not familiar with driver magician, so I cant tell you anything about it. If you know the specs of your system, (I,e, the gpu model) go to the part's manufacture and download it from there. so for you ati gpu, go to amd and choose the gpu you have and use that driver

Solution