Question Older Mac mini for $50, worth picking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Found a mid 2011 Dual core I5 8gb DDR3 Mac mini for $50, is it worth picking up? Could this be used for anything more than just browsing the web?

Ralston18

Titan
Basically you are making a $50.00 bet.

At most you lose $50.00. However most bets are made with some chance of a greater gain. I do not see a greater gain but that is for you to decide.

Risks: Maybe gets hot and goes poof.....

Source/where?

Are you able to test the Mac mini to determine what it will or will not do? I.e., actually connect to a network and browse.

Check all specs etc..

Are you willing to spend more, if necessary and warranted, to fix and or upgrade in some manner?

thomas4204

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Basically you are making a $50.00 bet.

At most you lose $50.00. However most bets are made with some chance of a greater gain. I do not see a greater gain but that is for you to decide.

Risks: Maybe gets hot and goes poof.....

Source/where?

Are you able to test the Mac mini to determine what it will or will not do? I.e., actually connect to a network and browse.

Check all specs etc..

Are you willing to spend more, if necessary and warranted, to fix and or upgrade in some manner?
I will keep these in mind, thanks. I have a ssd laying around that I could throw in it if need be but I’m not sure if I could test it. On the picture provided it shows the specs exactly but it is a older system. Il probably pass on it for now. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.