[SOLVED] On Log Off -> Close apps, delete browsing data

mrjane

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
Hello Everyone,

We're setting up a workstation at my work for shop employees to check their pay stubs and other payroll information. They all share one account on our domain, so there's a bit of a privacy issue here.

What I'm hoping, is that there is some way to set up 2 things. One, to have the workstation automatically log out after 1 min of it being idle. The second, when the account is logged out, it automatically closes all apps and deletes browser history.

Now, I know there's an option in major browsers that allows the deletion of cookies and cache upon exit, so I'll likely be setting that. But, what would be the best way of going about the rest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
Ok, I got around it. I used the screensaver settings to lock the screen after 1 minute, then changed the Trigger to activate when the screen was locked. Everything else stayed the same and it works now!

Thanks for the help.

mrjane

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
So, I got the task to go off, closes all the programs I need it too, and logs off. Only probably is, it takes 4 minutes before the task goes off. I have "Start the task only if the computer is idle for:" set to 1 minute and "Wait for idle for:" set to "Do no wait".

Yet, I timed it and it still takes 4 minutes. Does anyone know of a way to speed it up?

mrjane

Prominent
Oct 11, 2019
Ok, I got around it. I used the screensaver settings to lock the screen after 1 minute, then changed the Trigger to activate when the screen was locked. Everything else stayed the same and it works now!

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution