[SOLVED] On start-up cpu fan and in-take fan will start, stop , and then start up again. PC will boot up. Is this normal, or a sign of something to come?

Dec 30, 2021
On start-up, cpu fan and in-take fan will start, stop (for a second) (cpu fan rgb will go off, same with gpu rgb i believe), and then start up again (cpu fan/gpu rgb will light up again--i dont have any other rgb on). PC will boot up normally with fans spinning normally. But that brief stop, is that normal or a sign of something to come? I'm unsure if my PC was always starting up this way and only just noticed it now. PC is about a month old (newegg in-house pre-built pc).

Any insight will be helpful.

Last edited:
Solution
that is normal, its the bios handing control to windows, my exhaust fans start/stop/start every startup

Not sure about rgb, all of mine stays on during startup. it has hardware and software profiles so that makes sense, it used hardware colors until windows starts Icue. its possible that is also the same reason, an app you use to run rgb takes over at startup

Colif

Win 11 Master
that is normal, its the bios handing control to windows, my exhaust fans start/stop/start every startup

Not sure about rgb, all of mine stays on during startup. it has hardware and software profiles so that makes sense, it used hardware colors until windows starts Icue. its possible that is also the same reason, an app you use to run rgb takes over at startup

Last edited:
Solution