On which in b450 mobo with 2700x is possible to get a stable 4.2ghz + 3200-3466 mhz on 16gb?

Nov 25, 2018
Hi. I want to buy 2700x and overclock it to 4.2, + memory. Is it possible to achieve such stable results on b450? and what mobo will be able to cope with it having a normal vrm ?. I did not find a definite answer, someone succeeds, someone does not, on the same mobos. In advance, thank you for your answers.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Overclocking is never a guarantee. You might get it to where you want and stable. You may not. It all depends on the processor you get. One Ryzen 7 2700X might get to 4.2GHz. Another Ryzen 7 2700X might not.

-Wolf sends

Nov 25, 2018

Thank you for your answer. I have a choice between ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F and MSI B450 TOMAHAWK, if your have any information about them vrm, wich is better, or temperature readings, please, say)))

Since you are also getting a 2700X you'd probably do best with the B450-F ROG Strix. But only if you will PBO overclock, where you get two or three cores to stay boosting at up to 4.3 Ghz. With even two cores staying at 4.3Ghz you'll get the best performance for games. You also need to get a good aftermarket cooler, the stock one doesn't help much with that.

But if you will be trying to do 'all-core' over clocking the Tomahawk has the better/stronger/cooler VRM. The best you'll do, stable, is about 4.2Ghz on all cores though. That's with the silicon gods in your favor of course...don't be surprised if you can't manage above 4.1Ghz.

The reason the Strix is better for PBO overcloclocking is it requires offset voltage adjustment for core voltage, MSI's boards don't offer that. But the Strix's VRM is pretty weak and will overheat quickly, throttling the CPU to cool off, in an all-core overclocked processing loads.

Nov 25, 2018

ok, thank you, will think)