onboard 3.0 usb header but no front panel 3.0 usb port on case. Help?

Nathanmneace

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
First off I have not purchased the mobo yet, But have already based most of my build off of it. I was looking at an asrock AB350 PRO AM4. I jumped on buying Rosewill Challenger Mid Tower ATX case because it was on sale and was described as having 2x 2.0 usb ports and 1x 3.0 usb ports. However after doing a more thorough bit of research learned that the described 3.0 usb is in fact an esata port instead. Is there any chance these two work together? I may end up just buying another case instead of putting together a whole new build sheet. Any advice or input would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Solution

What do you mean ? do you mean will the motherboard work in the case ? yes of course it will, you just wont have a USB 3.0 cable from the...

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

What do you mean ? do you mean will the motherboard work in the case ? yes of course it will, you just wont have a USB 3.0 cable from the case to plug into the header, which just means you wont have any front USB 3.0 ports, makes no difference to the motherboard except maybe saving it a couple of resorces.

Solution

igtaba

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015

Yeah, but you're are equally spending money in a feature that you're are no going to be able to use. If you're going to put a entire new build togheter buy a Case that have a usb 3.0 if you can. If not, buy a mobo that doesnt have a feature that you're not going to use and save money (if you're not going to update the case never)