[SOLVED] Onboard graphics won't dual display

xandor123

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
I've got an ASRock AB350M-HDV (rev 4.0) running an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G processor. BIOS version 2.10. I've got two monitors I'm trying to display through. Individually, the VGA and the HDMI connections work just fine. I can't get it to recognize the DVI connection at all. However, when I have both monitors plugged in with HDMI and VGA, only the one turns on and receives output. Going into the display control panel (using Windows 10), it only detects one monitor. Same with the Device Manager. I'm almost positive that this is a driver issue, but going into Device Manager > Display Adapter > Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, it says that the latest driver is already installed.

This is the first time I've done a build with onboard graphics, so I've never run into this issue before. I know that there's probably a super easy fix that I'm not seeing, but damn if I'm not head-desking right now.

Unfortunately, the computer is at my friend's house, so I'll have limited access to it, so I'd like to have any and all solutions that may work so that when I go back over in a day or two, I can knock it out quickly.

Thanks for the help!

xandor123

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
I had to install 2.10 to get the support for the new ryzen cpu. I'll try updating the BIOS to the newer version and see if that works.

Any other suggestions just in case that doesn't fix it?

xandor123

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Under Display Adapter, it just says "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" which doesn't really help. And kind of leads me to believe that it's a generic thing that needs the real driver. Typing that out, I've still got the CD that came with the motherboard. Would that possibly have a driver on it that would work here? Or should I keep looking for another solution?

xandor123

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
First thing I did before updating the BIOS was to install the "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL", straight from the ASRock support website. Is this a new and different thing? Also, since I'm running a 3400G, would this be more appropriate?

xandor123

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Assuming the worst case scenario and it's not the BIOS or the graphics driver, any thoughts on what another fix might be? Besides dropping a dedicated graphics card in that won't have these issues?