Question Onboard MBO led blinks

TB-NeyMariuz

Commendable
Jul 5, 2017
Hey. I built a streaming PC like 6 months ago and Ive had issues. I've now found out some kind of sollution to why, but Im not really sure.

Main components:
Asus Strix B450-F
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @4.0GHz
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB @3200MHz
Asus GTX 970
Elgato 60HD Pro

My issue is that my screen turns black and the stream goes off. I thought it could be GPU, RAM, SOFTWARE or Elgato related. Im running a HDD as a system disk which I thought could be the problem, but I ran a stress test for 15 mins of it yesterday and it was all good. I switched GPU with one of my mates, still the same issue. I thought it could be my streaming program, so I switched to a different one. Things were going better, but againt it crashed. I havent explored alot with the RAM and Elgato yet, but I do have the same type of RAM in my gaming PC, just that its 32GB in it instead. Back to the problem and kinda sollution, my screen turned black again today, stream went off, I noticed that the yellow onboard LED was blinking, it wasnt constant. The yellow LED indicates that its DRAM related problem, but I havent seen a reason why it should blink, Ive only seen it constant before.

Should I switch the two PCs RAM? Is it most likely MOBO related? Is it somehow I can test this?

TB-NeyMariuz

Commendable
Jul 5, 2017
its a EVGA Supernova G2 550W, should be more then enough. Ive even gone away from my overclock, running all stock and even underclocked my GPU to the lowest. Temps are normal, around 40-50C on the CPU, 30-40C on the GPU. But as I said, the yellow LEDs are blinking, normaly its static colored. It should be RAM issue from what I can tell, I might try to swap the RAM between the PCs. if its still crashing then I think its the MOBOs RAM lots thats [watch your language] I think

Last edited by a moderator: