One cpu multiple users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABEL_2

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
I trying to setup One Cpu to many users. Each users will be using MS Office and seperate work folder. Is this possible with ethernet switch and some clients.

My need is 5 users per PC.

What config PC and network components do I need?
Is there separate client box for this?

Thank you

Solution
What you are talking about is a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure). In theory its great, when you get to the actual requirements, software, setup, maintenance, licensing, and cost, a VDI is not a cost saving solution in an environment like you are describing. It is very possible. But not to be blunt, I don't believe it is a project to be undertaken by someone who isn't familiar with such a solution. Atleast, I would highly recommend you contact an MSP or IT consulting, or Dell business sales, etc.

I would suggest a all in one solution. if you have the keyboards mice, monitors, already, these are great little computers. they are full fledged windows. don't be put off by their size...

ABEL_2

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
No. Five users will be working at the same time. In fact they will be seated side by side. I am trying to cut cost of five individual pcs. thats the target. Each of them will be using only msoffice purpose not more.

Tcinator

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
What you are talking about is a VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure). In theory its great, when you get to the actual requirements, software, setup, maintenance, licensing, and cost, a VDI is not a cost saving solution in an environment like you are describing. It is very possible. But not to be blunt, I don't believe it is a project to be undertaken by someone who isn't familiar with such a solution. Atleast, I would highly recommend you contact an MSP or IT consulting, or Dell business sales, etc.

I would suggest a all in one solution. if you have the keyboards mice, monitors, already, these are great little computers. they are full fledged windows. don't be put off by their size. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883800004

The other option could be a refurbished or cheaper all in one system
"http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100023501 4017 4018"

I hope this helps. Again, the VDI/ thin client system is great, with the right forethought. Though just one years operating cost of a properly developed system that you are hoping for would be greater than something like these all in one systems.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.