One of my Unknown USB devices in Device Manager flagging up?

madne$$

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Hi Members,

Ive seen this problem for sometime now but haven't had the time to sort it out and fix it.
One of my Unknown USB Decvices is flagging up and I don't know how to resolve it or know why its flagging.

Here is a link to a picture hosting website, I hope you can see it and view it without issues.
Any issues in viewing the screen shot please let me know:

screenshot

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Madne$$

NextGear

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
madne$$,

I'm taking a wild guess here...
I believe it might be apart of your Family Chip Set drivers. Windows install their "default" drivers and causing this issues.
Chances are the "Unknown USB" device is related to USB 3.0 issues.

I would to suggest finding out what your Family Chip Set are and download new drivers directly from them. Install and let us know what happens

madne$$

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
well I found something that removes it entirely from Device Manager my gaming keyboard Corsair K95 has 2 USB and if I unplug one of them that Unknown USB icon disappears from the manager. So could that be it then? my Corsair gaming keyboard be the issue?

I dont know why the K95 has 2 usb's I did wonder when I purchased it from an upgrade from my K30 series.

Thoughts?

Epsilon_0EVP

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Usually keyboard that use more than one port use the second one for extra features, like an integrated USB hub, sound, or lighting effects. It depends on the exact keyboard. I'd imagine you could check the Corsair site to see if they have any software available for the K95.

madne$$

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
I do have their software installed and does do regular updates from time to time,

Thanks for your help Epsilon and Nextgear, If it appears again sometime soon ill be in touch or follow your suggestions.