jraymond4321

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2013
Hello. I recently upgraded to a gigabit fiber plan. I am getting fast speedtest results (@750 Mbps up and down) on a wired laptop, directly to the modem and through my router. However, my desktop seems to top out around 500 up and 350 down. The desktop has 2 NIC cards and same results with both. I have swapped patch cords and ports on modem and router, and tried with both NIC's.

The PC is running Win 10 Prof, AMD-8300 16GB Ram. MB is Asus M5AT8L-M/USB3. On NIC is the onboard gigabit controller, the other is Trendnet TEG-PCITXR. Both have been updated to latest Realtek Driver 10.39.212.2020. I have set the Speed on both cards to 1.0 Gpbs Full Duplex.

Originally the speeds through the router (Asus AC1900P) were slower, but after a factory reset, I was able to get the 750 up/down out of the laptop (Dell 7490) .

I am running Hyper-v on the desktop, so there are some virtual switches. Not sure if that could be the issue?

I tried turning off Window Auto Tuning Level but that didn't work.

Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

jraymond4321

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2013
Thanks,

I said in the original post, I've tried directly through the ISP modem >PC and the ISP Modem>router>PC. Same results, laptop is fast, PC (both NIC's) is slow.

I have now tried a Linux bootable CD and the results were similar (@400 down/500 up). Still not close the the 750 down the laptop gets.

TRENDING THREADS