Question One side of motherboard I/O ports panel is not set tight to it's case nest

Spacekeleton

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
Hello, so, when I was cleaning my PC I noticed that one side of I/O panel of the motherboard does not sit as tight as the other one to backplate of the case. You can see what I am talking about on this photo. I also added a pic of how I/O panel of this mobo looks in general, so you can even notice those tiny rivets on the photo I made if you look closely.

I just wonder if this may be an issue like I didn't place the motherboard correctly or something like that, I see that nest for the panel is wider than the panel itself so it may be normal, but shouldn't the panel's edges be at same distance to backplate than?

The mobo is MSI Z590 gaming force and case is Corsair 5000d.

kanewolf

Titan
No, it's okay that it is sticking out, I mean that left side of panel is not placed to the nest's edge as close as the right side.
Then either your case is bent, or you didn't get the standoffs in the correct locations. The spacing relationship of the standoff holes and the back of the motherboard is standardized. If you have the standoffs in, it is very difficult to do anything about the back I/O port alignment.
Post a picture to IMGUR or another hosting site and link to it to let us see what you are seeing.

Spacekeleton

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
Then either your case is bent, or you didn't get the standoffs in the correct locations. The spacing relationship of the standoff holes and the back of the motherboard is standardized. If you have the standoffs in, it is very difficult to do anything about the back I/O port alignment.
Post a picture to IMGUR or another hosting site and link to it to let us see what you are seeing.
I already added the photo with what I see and I am sure I placed the standoffs in right places, since I only used ones available for the mobo.
I can only tell that nesting for the I/O panel is bigger than the panel itself and that is the cause why it is not placed at left side (which I marked with arrows, you can see a liiitle space between white surface of the case and the I/O panel outer part) as close as at right one. I just thought it should be right at the center instead.

kanewolf

Titan
I already added the photo with what I see and I am sure I placed the standoffs in right places, since I only used ones available for the mobo.
I can only tell that nesting for the I/O panel is bigger than the panel itself and that is the cause why it is not placed at left side (which I marked with arrows, you can see a liiitle space between white surface of the case and the I/O panel outer part) as close as at right one. I just thought it should be right at the center instead.
That is actually the motherboard side that you have highlighted. I don't see any gap that isn't filled by the motherboard.

Spacekeleton

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
That is actually the motherboard side that you have highlighted. I don't see any gap that isn't filled by the motherboard.
Yes, it is the bottom, I can't get better picture of it but that is not necessary, since the thing I am talking about is at the left side of panel and it same at the middle and top.
There is no gap which is not filled with it, yes, but I meant that really thin line which I pointed with arrows between white case surface and the panel. There is no such thing at right side which made me think if it could be an issue.

Spacekeleton

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
Did you make sure that the standoff screws are fully screwed in when you installed the motherboard?
I guess so, I stopped screwing when the extensive force was needed, following the guide.

Also I want to mention I have this PC for like 9 months and only issue I had was GPU fan but I had it fixed.