Question One-year old CyberpowerPC freezes randomly ?

Sep 2, 2023
Hi, so I wanted to share this concern of mine regarding this new PC I bought about a year ago, it's mostly concerning because it's been doing it a lot constantly and I can pinpoint when it happens usually. I feel like I overpaid for this computer and completely regret because my old PC seems to outperform this one in terms of no issues, running at peak gaming with half the price of what I paid for this one.

The issue is my PC keeps freezing randomly (sort of). It all started when I had to do a Windows update, and it asked me to restart, when it was in the process of updating the computer just froze, never seen that happen before and thought it was kind of strange, after that windows asked me to revert to the previous update and I did and everything was fine until it just froze again, and it sure felt like whenever I turned off the PC and turned it back on, usually I put it to sleep and there is no issues when I do that. So I decided to investigate and figured it could be a CPU issue, I would get an error on the motherboard saying the CPU fan wasn't plugged in correctly and that the CPU was about 68 C which was sort of normal.

Anyway I ended up opening up the PC and I made sure there was enough thermal paste, put fresh thermal paste and turned PC back on, ran good for a bit and then again it started to freeze. And these freezes are completely frozen where I can't do anything at all other than turn the PC off. And it happened again when my apartment lost power I had to reboot and it would freeze every time I enter passcode and then a few seconds it freezes in, I have to restart it like 5-7 times until finally it doesn't freeze and works fine.

Other than that this computer runs fine and I really can't figure out if it's a CPU issue or a CPU-cooler issue or if my Windows is broken, I also do have another computer that I can borrow parts from to see what the issue is if that makes it faster, but I definitely don't want to return it back to cyberpowerPC since I have to pay for shipping and parts, but I am possibly 70% sure it could be my CPU or my cooler. Any feedback is appreciated on what the issue could be but I am tempted to just sell the whole PC and get a new one, which I think is a waste of money since I paid about 4k for this one

here are the specs pulled directly from my CyberPowerPC order form:

• CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CARE2: CPU Thermal Compound - Our Cooler Master MASTERGEL High Performance Thermal Compound can improve cooling performance as well as prolong the life of your CPU. [+10]
  • CAS: Syber CUBE Series ATX Full-Tower Dual Chamber Gaming Case w/ Front, Side & Top Full Side Tempered + 5x ARGB Fans Included [+70]
  • CC: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 30MB Cache LGA1700
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 240EX ARGB 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • FREEBIE_MB: None
  • HDD: 1TB WD Black SN770 Series PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5150/4900 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 740/800k [-65] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/5200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+330] (GIGABYTE AORUS)
  • MICROPHONE: None
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO D5 ATX DDR5 ARGB WiFi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIE X16 5X M.2 SATA/PCIE 2XTB4 [+454]
  • MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Lyra 01 RGB 6-Color w/ 7 Button USB wired, 4200DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Corsair RMx RM1000X 80 PLUS Gold certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+57]
  • PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
  • PROMOSALE1: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+5] (Blue (Clicky))
  • PROMOSALE2: CyberPowerPC FPS Gaming Mouse Pad [+0] (Large 14x12 Inches)
  • RECOVERYUSB: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 2 Weeks
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBHD: None
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3080 10GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Sep 2, 2023
I have attached an image of my BIOS version and also the result of me running sfc /scannow
I can also DM you the log file after running

LYatLZN.png

EEXGh4f.png

Sep 2, 2023
Looks like it's still happening, this time it happened randomly, so makes me wonder it could maybe be a CPU cooling issue, after I ran the above the problem still persisted and crashes 2-3 times randomly every few days. I did try to stress test my CPU and while it was testing it went instantly to 100 C and stayed there for a long time until I paused it. I tried re applying thermal paste but if I'm honest the thermal paste I applied is 1 year old so that could be the issue, but this issue was persisting prior to me adding my own thermal paste and just having the factory one that cyberpowerpc did from their side