OnePlus 2 Is Invite-Free Starting December 5; OnePlus X Available SAns Invite December 5-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I would jump on the X, but with the AT&T LTE bands omission debacle, I'm a little bummed. Bought my wife the 1+1 last year and she loves it. Still looking for a good replacement to my Nexus 4 without going into phablet land.

jedik1

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
They painted One Plus One a a Never Settle flagship killer phone. I was one of those who got the early ones.

Problems to date -
1. They don't care about One Plus One anymore. No Software Updates for OxygenOS. EVER! Switched back to CynogenMod and started getting the updates.
2. Heating issue. Suddenly the phone heats up. You cant keep it in the pocket anymore.
3. Screen starts flickering. Cant stop it till battery dies.
4. Phone hangs once or twice a week, Need to wait till battery dies.
5. Has a HUGE fan following. 70% of those don't even have a One Plus device. They are really aggressive. If you try to complain in the forum, they will jump on you saying what not. Just a bunch of fan boys.

My experience STAY AWAY! Don't waste your money. If you want an android device get a Nexus.

With INVITE or NOT just stay away.

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
I have a oneplus one and have the opposite experience, I had problems with an early device and customer support was fantastic, forums were genuinely worried about my problem, with customer services contacting me making sure my first customer support thread was going smoothly.

It's a great company, I received an EU charger plug with my phone, complained and they shipped me a UK plug no hassle and didn't even want me returning the EU wall plug even though it was my fault ordering the wrong plug.

Bznga

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
They painted One Plus One a a Never Settle flagship killer phone. I was one of those who got the early ones.

Problems to date -
1. They don't care about One Plus One anymore. No Software Updates for OxygenOS. EVER! Switched back to CynogenMod and started getting the updates.
2. Heating issue. Suddenly the phone heats up. You cant keep it in the pocket anymore.
5. Has a HUGE fan following. 70% of those don't even have a One Plus device. They are really aggressive. If you try to complain in the forum, they will jump on you saying what not. Just a bunch of fan boys.

My experience STAY AWAY! Don't waste your money. If you want an android device get a Nexus.

Problems to date -

Problems to date -

I always see these huge complaints.I am not accusing you or anything but people who complain about the device always paint a very grim picture about 1+1.Either 1+ has a lot problematic devices out there or bad users.My own experience is complete opposite.Have the phone for 8-9months and it was second hand.Not one single problem to date.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I always see these huge complaints.I am not accusing you or anything but people who complain about the device always paint a very grim picture about 1+1.Either 1+ has a lot problematic devices out there or bad users.My own experience is complete opposite.Have the phone for 8-9months and it was second hand.Not one single problem to date.

What you're witnessing is issues of consistency. It's not that the phones are junk, it's that some models have problems, whereas others do not. That's a serious, but separate issue.

Supporter

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
They waited too long to make it invite free. I honestly don't want one anymore. They screwed themselves as it were.

jedik1

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Ooops,must have clicked quote more than once there:??:
I have a oneplus one and have the opposite experience, I had problems with an early device and customer support was fantastic, forums were genuinely worried about my problem, with customer services contacting me making sure my first customer support thread was going smoothly.

It's a great company, I received an EU charger plug with my phone, complained and they shipped me a UK plug no hassle and didn't even want me returning the EU wall plug even though it was my fault ordering the wrong plug.

Well I agree they are above average than the regular chinese models, but at the end they did not kept their promises. My main gripe is No updates for fix so many known bugs in One Plus One in their own Oxygen OS. So it means whenever they have a new model they would kick the last years model out. Not a company for long term.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I wanted to buy one but their stupid invite system and making it like pulling teeth to get a phone really pissed me off.

I moved on, so did the wife. She's happy with her LG G4 and she didnt have to jump through hoops and do a little dance to get it.

They are screwing themselves thinking they are generating hype by using the invite system.

What they are actually doing is pissing off and turning away would be customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.