OnePlus X, Hands On (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyjr98

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I love taking pics and video, but the 30fps @1080p will not look smooth. The Galaxy 5 has 60fps and can be gotten for the same price with the same processor I think. The S5 also has a removable battery which will make it easy to replace. I'm done with pulling apart phones...pain in the but and they never go back together well. That's probably my fault for getting thrown off a horse with my phone in my pocket!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

the s5 also costs 600$ for less than half the price, ill take 30fps over 60... may not like it but ill take it.

ssali27

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
God damnit OnePlus you really do love that invite system.

You had a massive chance to take on the Moto G and others but you still insist on throwing up that artificial roadblock.

I may get it anyway. It's an upgrade to the N4 in every dimension, and technically my battery "lasts".

One question, since you did get hands on, is it unibody metal or plastic? I want to know because that affects my ability to add a qi receiver.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Friend, the answer you seek lies here: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oneplus-x-midrange-smartphone,30440.html

Tl;dr, the front and back are glass, and there's an aluminum strip running around the edges. The European version replaces the glass back with that ceramic back. I'm guessing from your username that you're a Canuck, though, so you'd get the standard glass version...

True, but it's here now and I didn't have to read a whole article.
Work smarter, not harder :p

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

"Have to"? You mean "get to"! ;)

Joe Black

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Its a little more than annoying when an add takes up a fifth of a video and when you hover the close button is hidden by the navigation bar. Searched for and opened it in Youtube rather. Where you have the option to turn of annotations...

I don't mean it like that xD
I'm reading it!

That said, I have one last question... I saw in another video of this phone a bunch of coloured shells.... probably backs. Does this phone have switchable backs you saw?

There's an orange one, and if so, I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.