[SOLVED] Onkyo Built-In Chromecast not working

Mar 7, 2020
So, I have an Onkyo TX-8270 with Chromecast Built-In that is not working properly. I have this receiver for about 4 years now and never really used this feature. Now that I want to use it, it doesn't work. My receiver is connected to the internet via Ethernet so no WiFi issue. Spotify Connect and Tune-In Radio are working properly. The built-in chromecast is sometimes showing up in the google home app, but when I want to select it, for example, in the youtube app, it doesn't show up. When i try to connect to it via chrome on my laptop, the receiver's chromecast is also not showing up. The devices are on the same network as the receiver. The receiver is updated to the latest firmware.

If you need more information that will help solve this problem, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 2023
I've struggled with spotty connections, interruptions, and buffering for years as well. I've discovered that a hard reset has always fixed the issue. Factory reset not required. Power off the receiver. Hold the power button for 5 seconds or so - the receiver will turn on, then off again. Release power button. I've found that my casting connects seamlessly and the stuttering is gone. The problem comes back eventually, but you just need to repeat the hard reset.