Online order package- chance of lost and stolen?

Nomv

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
I never order anything online that worth more than 500bucks before. However, I ordered a pc yesterday for $1200 bucks. None of my order up until now need me to sign anything. I didn't see or hear anyone knocking on my door and they always leave my package outside the door and left. What worst, the place I live is in an apartment so there are some people going back and forth in front my house. Is there ever have any incident where someone took your package without you knowing anything (and you thought UPS is late)?
Morever, UPS never notify me the estimate time they will arrive and etc. So I occasionally have to peek out my front door back and forth. All I know is that the order will arrive in approximately 3-5 days. That quite a huge estimation time.

Solution
agreed. watch the tracking number on the ups site. it will say "out for delivery" on the day that it is coming.

whether or not a signature is required depends on the site you buy from as its an option when shipping an item for extra cost. typically whole computers do require a signature upon receipt.

if you are worried then you could contact ups and ask them to knock on the door or ring your bell when the package is delivered. all of their employees carry cellphones and i think messages come up on their portable scanner as well.

i've personally never had anything stolen when delivered ups... but then again i live in the boonies with a 1000ft driveway :)
agreed. watch the tracking number on the ups site. it will say "out for delivery" on the day that it is coming.

whether or not a signature is required depends on the site you buy from as its an option when shipping an item for extra cost. typically whole computers do require a signature upon receipt.

if you are worried then you could contact ups and ask them to knock on the door or ring your bell when the package is delivered. all of their employees carry cellphones and i think messages come up on their portable scanner as well.

i've personally never had anything stolen when delivered ups... but then again i live in the boonies with a 1000ft driveway :)

Solution