OnLive in Trouble for Violating Microsoft's Windows License?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]I'm not! I'd rather MS sue the hell out of OnLive, that company's services are disgusting, I can't stand cloud computing and streaming games/desktops. Thoughtless waste of network bandwidth.[/citation]
This!

maxwebb

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
There's also potential for Microsoft to hold both OnLive and OnLive Desktop users accountable for any potential mislicensing.

bwahahahah... okay. and mcdonalds customers will be prosecuted for unhealthy living conditions of livestock prior to being turned into that patty. i don't think microsoft grasps some concepts.

maxwebb

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
anyway, if onlive had any brains at all, they would just connect to the machine using non-hvd software. seeing as how many software packages like that are out there, it sounds like its not too difficult to write rdp software.

maxwebb

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2010
[citation][nom]maxwebb[/nom]anyway, if onlive had any brains at all, they would just connect to the machine using non-hvd software. seeing as how many software packages like that are out there, it sounds like its not too difficult to write rdp software.[/citation]
i am guessing that they also see some kind of difference as to how you connect your peripherals. does it make a difference if your keyboard and mouse are connected to an ethernet cable instead of a usb cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.