OnLive Streaming Win 7 Desktop, Apps to iPad, More

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok where is my Crysis running 120 fps max settings streamed !!

G

If I am reading the correctly this is similar to their gaming service. You are allowed to run applications/games through their servers.

Some what like a remote desktop but their servers are the desktop.

namelessted

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Too bad that OnLive still has MASSIVE lag. I know internet speeds are getting faster, but I just don't see how it will every be possible to reduce latency to virtually 0. And if you have ever tried to use a mouse, or any input for that matter, with any amount of lag it is so frustrating it makes you want to kill yourself.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Sorry, prefer to have the software on my system. Southern Florida is known for internet outages the moment the weather gods have a sneeze and I like being able to work with the internet being in the fritz.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
But companies are already doing this with Virtualization software. The fact is nobody wants to lug their office PC around on business trips. You could bring a company laptop, but they restrict the installation of anything fun - no games, no music etc. You could bring your own notebook but it doesn't have any of the company software that you need to work.
The solution is to run a software that will give you a full desktop environment just like your office machine but on your own hardware. And the beauty of this is, they are now being able to support mobile hardware such as phones and tablets!

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I always wondered why iPads take so long to load anything, and running VNC is a nightmare... then I discovered that they only get a little over 10mb/s on their wifi (a toms benchmark).

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]namelessted[/nom]Too bad that OnLive still has MASSIVE lag. I know internet speeds are getting faster, but I just don't see how it will every be possible to reduce latency to virtually 0. And if you have ever tried to use a mouse, or any input for that matter, with any amount of lag it is so frustrating it makes you want to kill yourself.[/citation]
You're always going to get lag, i think wishing for 0ms on a service like this is just ridiculous. People can quite happily play first person shooters, where timing and how fast you can react is critical, and be happy with the game play; i mean you can have a decent match anywhere between 30 and 160ms. I remember playing UT and being happy if our ping was at or around 100, since then this has been my mental benchmark.

Base line is, if your area has terrible internet, onlive is definitely not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.