Question Only 4 pins on an 6 pin gpu?

Jan 16, 2020
Hello!

I was wondering what would happen if I just filled out 4 our of 6 pins on an gpu.
I got Rx 560
my power supply is 650 watts

Remeca

Reputable
Don't plug any 4 pin into your 6 pin GPU. You can try no power plug, sometimes that will work if the card draws less than 75W under load, but if your 650W PSU doesn't have a 6 pin pcie cable, then you need to get a new PSU.

What exact model is the PSU, and which model of RX 560 do you have?

Jan 16, 2020
Don't plug any 4 pin into your 6 pin GPU. You can try no power plug, sometimes that will work if the card draws less than 75W under load, but if your 650W PSU doesn't have a 6 pin pcie cable, then you need to get a new PSU.

What exact model is the PSU, and which model of RX 560 do you have?
I have Rx 560 4 Gb

Jan 16, 2020
its power draw is rated at 75 W maximum. Display outputs include: 1x DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort. Radeon RX 560 is connected to the rest of the system using a PCI-Express 3.0 x8 interface. The card measures 170 mm in length, and features a dual-slot cooling solution.

so its safe ?

Remeca

Reputable
I have Rx 560 4 Gb
There here are lots of manufacturers of that card, and some have different power requirements. The same manufacturer might even make different versions of an RX 560. That isn't even as important as the PSU though, because we know your 560 requires a 6 pin. You don't have a 6 pin. Since it draws 75 watts, I'd try it mith no PCIe power connected, it may work since it's only a 75 W card. It might not though, in which case you'd need a new PSU. Do not plug anything into your GPU that isn't a 6 pin connector.

Reactions: abisek
Jan 16, 2020
There here are lots of manufacturers of that card, and some have different power requirements. The same manufacturer might even make different versions of an RX 560. That isn't even as important as the PSU though, because we know your 560 requires a 6 pin. You don't have a 6 pin. Since it draws 75 watts, I'd try it mith no PCIe power connected, it may work since it's only a 75 W card. It might not though, in which case you'd need a new PSU. Do not plug anything into your GPU that isn't a 6 pin connector.
ok thanks so much man for the information