Question Only 8 ram working instead of 16 ??

niko9926

Prominent
Jul 24, 2018
Hello.Today i builded my ryzen config with asrock b450m steel legend and ryzen 2700x.For the ram i went with Kingston hyperx predator 2x8 ddr4 3200 cl16.So i have a problem related with ram in the control panel under performance tab its saying that there are only 7.9 gb..I insert the ram in the a2 and b2 slots idk if this is the correct order.I tried bf v and i was having terrible fps (30 smth) despite i have gtx 1070.Please help ! I tried to put images here but i cant

ryanmccafferty1

Prominent
Oct 31, 2018
Had this problem last week. I just removed all but one ram modules from the motherboard. Then booted up. After that I just powered down the system an re-inserted the ram as before.

Hardware reserved in the Task Manager went from 8gb/16gb down to just 2,3mb/16gb.

Hope this helps.

niko9926

Prominent
Jul 24, 2018
Now the problem i have after removing and trying the a1 and b1 my pc turns on but after some seconds it turns off and turns on back again and turns off and the process continues no signal on my monitor whatsoever moved the ram back to a2 b2 still the same problem any advice,thinking to get it to the shop where i purchace the mobo and the processor to repair it or smth ?

niko9926

Prominent
Jul 24, 2018
Update:Fix the booting issue by removing and putting back the ram but the problem with the ram still occurs in system it saying 16 (7.93 gb usable) and in controlpanel same thing memory only 7.9 gb i tried xpm didnt worked put it on profile one.Tried the msconfig metod still no fix.Update 2: after trying everything i gave up and gave my pc to the repair shop where i otiginally purchace the mobo and the cpu.They called me after couple of hours saying that one of the sticks is dead soo i guess i need to buy ram again....

Last edited: