Only get PCI 3.0x16@x 16 1.1 on gpu-z and not PCI 3.0x16@x 16 3.0 and games lag on my gtx 670

HeinC1

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
I have a foxconn H61MXE motherboard and on the cpu-z Bus interface block I get the hold time PCI 3.0x16@x 16 1.1 and not PCI 3.0x16@x 16 3.0. I have tried the render test but it still shows PCI 3.0x16@x 16 1.1. What can be the problem? I have a gtx 670 but all my games are lagging when I play on then. Can the 3.0x16@x 16 1.1 be the problem that my games are lagging or must I buy a new motherboard?

Are you overclocking at all? I know that some overclocking can cause it to read as either a 1x or a first gen PCIe. and when i mean over clocking it doesn't matter if its GPU or CPU or both. There are also some power saving features that can cause this as well.

HeinC1

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
i do not overclock, but i think my cpu is overclock because i have a i5 3570k cpu. my gtx 670 is not overclocked. what power saving features are you talking about?can you give an a example?

What do you mean by "open" I think you mean by the Unlocked version since you have a K. The CPU has a normal Turbo Booster that it does but that wouldn't affect this. I mean have you gone into the bios and over clocked the CPU your self. I ask this because sometimes over clocking will change the PCIe Frequence from the normal 110 to something lower or higher which can cause it to show as either a 1x or a first gen PCIe slot.

The power saving feature is only when the video card is idle. If you start a game, and then run GPU-z and it still shows the same thing then its not a power saving feature. that gets turned off when you start using the Video card. Its kind of like the Intel Speed Step that throttles down the CPU when your not using it to save power.

HeinC1

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014
yes i meant that all my cpu cores are unlocked. i have turn on the hyper threading of my cpu? do you think my H61MXE motherboard can handle the gtx 670? and the psu what i have is a coolmaster 500w.