[SOLVED] Only half of my ram is available

Sep 23, 2020
Just built a new pc and i am having trouble figuring out why only half of my ram is available, i am using 2x8gb 3600mhz but in my task manager it will ever only utilize 8gb max and with the msi afterburner in game overlay it will say my memory speed is only running at 1750mhz with around 6000mb to just under 10000mb ram being used i have tried many things such as making sure both sticks of ram are installed right (DIMMA2 and DIMMB2) also tried taking them out and making sure theres no dust or anything and seating them back in making sure they are sitting properly. In my BIOS i have both xmp profiles activated and running both sticks at 3600mhz which it has recognized, have gone into system config under boot and advanced options and clearing maximum memory then restarting pc. In system information it says:
Installed physical memory: 16gb
total physical memory: 15.9gb
available physical memory: 11.2gb
total virtual memory: 19.8gb
available virtual memory: 9.53gb
Nothing seems to be working and i cant find what else to do, can anyone help??
Specs:
ryzen 5 3600x
rx 5700xt
2x8gb 3600mhz
2tb SSD
Corsair tmx 750w
Msi b550 tomahawk

here is a user benchmark of my system:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33412792

Solution
Firstly go to BIOS and set everything to optimized defaults and as for your RAM 1750Mhz is correct. You have to X that by 2 so that is 3600Mhz. This is normal so your RAM is fine and is running at 3600Mhz. Also please disable your page file you don't need one once you have 16GB of RAM. It recognizes your RAM and 11.2GB is available as it is being used by OS and tray apps and what not. Also the RAM can be generous and give few GB to the video card. I don't see a problem here to be honest and frank with you.🖐☮🎗👽🤷‍♀️

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Firstly go to BIOS and set everything to optimized defaults and as for your RAM 1750Mhz is correct. You have to X that by 2 so that is 3600Mhz. This is normal so your RAM is fine and is running at 3600Mhz. Also please disable your page file you don't need one once you have 16GB of RAM. It recognizes your RAM and 11.2GB is available as it is being used by OS and tray apps and what not. Also the RAM can be generous and give few GB to the video card. I don't see a problem here to be honest and frank with you.🖐☮🎗👽🤷‍♀️

Solution