Question Only have connection issues when online gaming with a friend who runs cracked software.

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Hi guys so my friend has openly admitted he runs cracked windows 7 with cracked games etc.

My gaming rig is 100% legit.

We both downloaded and played Apex Legends since it came out but I always have connection issue when I game with him specifically.
I get booted a lot and I know this code leaf is a server issue BUT...when I am not gaming with him I hardly ever get booted yet he comes on and bang I get booted regularly.

Aside from the moody software the only difference between us is he says he has fire extra which is 70mbps and I currently game on Broadband 7mbps.
I am getting fibre 40mbps soon.

His ping in london is 10ms to the london server, min is 76-90ms regularly.

Any ideas guys?

Last edited:

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Seems the server doesn't like the combo of you and your friend. More likely an issue with either the network differences - or- he could be running cheats and the server is kicking him (more so than you) from the game.

Can you direct your game to an alternate server and see if the problem moves with you?
Yeah I keep saying to him it must be a bad connection somewhere along the line from my place to his.
He says he doesn't run cheats and the thing is I get kicked out of game he doesn't.

There is an option to but that is worse ping. I will try anyway.

Got fibre being hooked up from the 8th so that will be another test.

TRENDING THREADS