[SOLVED] Only one GPU fans spins very fast when under light load

Chinmaster

Honorable
Jun 25, 2015
Hello,

I recently put together a PC for the first time and when I turned it on everything sounded great. However, when I started up Valorant (a very light game), the computer became extremely loud. Upon further inspection I found the noise to be coming from the GPU - and only 1 fan was spinning, and it was spinning extremely fast. I took a look at the temperatures using HWMonitor and the GPU was at around 35 degrees Celsius while playing the game, but the software said the GPU fan RPM was 0, despite the jet engine speed only one of the fans was running at. This loud running persists even when I close out of the game and leave the PC in idle, and only stops when I fully power off then turn on the PC, until I try to play a game again. I'm honestly at a total loss for what to do here. Does anyone have any idea?

For reference, the parts in my PC are as follows: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gjhB9G

PartPart Name
CPUAMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler
MotherboardMSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
StorageWestern Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video CardGigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card
CaseFractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power SupplyCorsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network AdapterAsus PCE-AC55BT B1 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Please let me know if more details are required, and thank you for any and all help in advance!

Solution
Bad fan ?

Alright I figured it out - and I'm an honest to god idiot. I don't have very good cable management at the moment and my PCIe power cable (powering the GPU) was going under the GPU and touching one of the fans on it - essentially pinning it. Pulled the cable to the side and tied it down properly with a twist tie and it works just fine! Thanks for taking the time to read into this.
D

Deleted member 1560910

If you are having issues right off the rip then just return it. If you have to mail it back i would try and get a refund of that and order from another seller to save time from being offline Thats just my opinion

Chinmaster

Honorable
Jun 25, 2015
If you are having issues right off the rip then just return it. If you have to mail it back i would try and get a refund of that and order from another seller to save time from being offline Thats just my opinion

I didn't buy this PC prebuilt, I put it together myself. Returning it is still an option I'd just like to figure out why its all happening.

Chinmaster

Honorable
Jun 25, 2015
Bad fan ?

Alright I figured it out - and I'm an honest to god idiot. I don't have very good cable management at the moment and my PCIe power cable (powering the GPU) was going under the GPU and touching one of the fans on it - essentially pinning it. Pulled the cable to the side and tied it down properly with a twist tie and it works just fine! Thanks for taking the time to read into this.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1560910

Glad you ddint have to do a return what a pain in the neck