ONT - Only one device gets internet access (android phone, WIFI), others don't (LAN or WLAN)/

Jun 9, 2018
Hi everyone!

I'm encountering a weird issue here...
I have and Alcatel-Lucent G-240W-A optics fiber router. WiFi and LAN used to work as intended until yesterday.
I can't get internet access on any device except my android phone. Ethernet cable to laptop or desktop doesn't work either. There is no MAC address filtering nor IP address filtering enabled on the router! I've been scratching my head with no luck and I need your help dear internet community!
I'm using my phone to clone the access point at the moment. The laptop connects successfully to the hotspot and is granted internet access. That leaves me thinking the router is the problem, but I can't figure out why...
I would be more than thankful if any of you could help.

Thank's in advance!

Solution

Hi.
Thank's for your swift reply!
I managed to fix the problem by changing the ISP's DNS to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) in the router's config panel which is weird...

Anyway, problem solved!

Have a nice day/night.

It sounds like your router is in bridge mode or NAT got turned off (which is kind of weird because I understand the router has limited settings). It could also be something screwy with the DHCP. I assume you already tried to restart the router. If not, try that. The next step would be to try a factory reset. There potentially is PPPoE information stored on the router that could be lost, so you may want to call your ISP for guidance. If a factory reset does not work then I would ask your ISP to replace the router.

Jun 9, 2018

Hi.
Thank's for your swift reply!
I managed to fix the problem by changing the ISP's DNS to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4) in the router's config panel which is weird...

Anyway, problem solved!

Have a nice day/night.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS