OOHH!!! ATI IS GIVES NVIDIA A LEFT HOOK!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Are you saying the Ti4200 with 4X AA 8X Aniso scored 7800? That's not possible if the Ti4600 on THG scored 4500!

My ti4200 was overclocked quite a bit, on an overclocked system(which was overclocked quite a bit).

But I may have been(prolly) in quincunx aa mode, since I fubared my card I cannot check.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
<font color=red><b>
Oh, ur TV out had probs?
</font color=red></b>

Yep! It is a VisionTek GF3 Ti200 Retail. 800x600 output will garble the playing of a DVD, in addition the Nvidia drivers does not address overscan, meaning the black boarders while outputting from the card to my SVHS TV set is very apparent. Also the Nvidia drivers doesn't support both monitor and TV out at the same time.

Had to fork over money to get TV Tool just to control overscan and also to have the ability to display both on the monitor and TV at the same time. Version 6.5 of TVtool wipped out my W2K partition twiced :mad: causing an unrecoverable OS which I had to reload. <i>I am not sure what is the conflict in W2K with TVtool, it does work fine in WinMe :wink: , I am not going to waste time finding out why TVtool craps out my W2K partition even after a fresh install :mad: .</i>

Things I took for granted with ATI was not so with Nvidia designed product. Just my experience. Other things that I can do with ATI cards I cannot do very well with Nvidia designed cards. As in play a DVD and surf the internet at the same time.

Oh well, soon those problems will be gone :smile: :smile: . <b><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=blue>A</font color=blue><font color=green>D</font color=green>EON<font color=purple>9700</font color=purple></b>