Oops: Someone Actually Lost a Google Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
of course there was a contract ass-hat otacon72. He more than likely sold the damn glasses for way more than $1500 to some china based knock-off company

G

Cannot be resold? That's not really up to them. According to US law, they cannot prevent reselling.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
"The company plans to be a little more lenient when Glass finally goes retail next year, allowing customers to buy a unit and offer it to someone else as a gift. Like the current Explorer model, it cannot be resold'
That right there turns me off of google glasses completely. Really puts a sour taste in my mouth about Google in general. What in the world is google thinking.
When I buy a product it belongs to me it no longer belongs to Google. Them telling me what I can and cant do with my product is complete BS. This is no better then company's who add the insane DRM to there products.
I am just completely blown away by this its extremely anti consumer. I am going to assume the retail version will be treated like there treating them now. Where once there registered to someone if there transferred they will be remotely wiped and disabled.. Think about it this way if that's the case its like your PC manufacture disabling your computer because you decided to sell it or give it away.
Also if Google does get away with this how long before other company's follow suit. I could see cell phone and tablet manufactures going the same route if this works.

Leave it to a hater to make no sense. Of course they run proprietary software on that Android-based system. Android is just the OS. All the drivers, the kernel etc. are proprietary at this point, that's why they sold these developer edition glasses to developers, to give them access and enable them to code for it. Geez. Retail versions will likely have different TOS, but as of now it is similar to having access to an early edition of a smartphone to give you the chance to create apps for it. There WILL be restrictions.
Next time at least try to make some sense when you're hating. Unless you enjoy making a fool out of yourself on every post.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Good to know their backdoor capabilities. I will never buy a device like that which can be remotely wiped/deactivated/activated.
They're probably also taking random picture/sound samples for "quality of service" purposes. Read the fine print.

Status
Not open for further replies.