Open Ports "Connection Refused"

Anoraki

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
I'm trying to open a port/2 ports for a Factorio server so that people can join it and play whenever. The first and main port is UDP 34197, and the second port is TCP 3074. I have both of them opened in my router settings (TP-Link Archer C1200). I've checked netstat, and the UDP is listening with the port in [::]. I added inbound exceptions for both ports as well.

I've used the 'canyouseeme' website while both the router and Windows Firewalls were off and I just get "Connection Refused". I get the same message with or without the firewalls enabled.

I'm really lost and can't find a solution.

It does not have to be the firewall it could be the application on the pc. Most firewalls do not actively refuse connections they just pretend they never received the traffic. The active refusal can be used to gain information about the machine you are attacking so many firewall do not do it.

Your challenge is to find the device that is sending the refusal. You can see if it is your machine by loading wire shark and capturing the traffic. If you keep the traffic rates low you should be able to see the traffic without learning about filters. Wire shark can display just traffic related to that port if you want to build filters