[SOLVED] Open Shell is okay to use on Windows 10? What happens when I update/upgrade via Windows Update?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Is this software can break my Windows 10 when I update something and/or upgrade to a higher version of Windows 10? I plan to make simple changes such as looks etc, like start menu and icon of the start. My concern is updating windows 10 while this software runs at same time.

Thank you for your time

Solution
no problem to update windows with it running. it will usually put the stock menus back in place though.

so you have to go back into open shell and tell it to use the old menu again.

otherwise there is no problem with it at all. i've been using it with win 10 since it was in beta. works the same with win 11 as well.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no problem to update windows with it running. it will usually put the stock menus back in place though.

otherwise there is no problem with it at all. i've been using it with win 10 since it was in beta. works the same with win 11 as well.

Solution

I'll 2nd that.
Been using it for a few yrs have not seen an update issue.

TRENDING THREADS